I wanted a quick dinner and knew I could make a pizza quickly and easily thanks to George Stella’s low carb flaxseed meal crust. But I should avoid tomatoes in a keto lifestyle (too many sugars), so what kind of pizza to make??
Alfredo sauce can be pretty quick to prepare, even with shredding the cheese myself. I did a short cheat on this sauce because I was out of regular block-style Parmesan cheese and wanted the extra flavor a second cheese would add.
When adding the Romano (or Parmesan if you use shredded Parmesan), I like to shred it right over the saucepan using a small handheld grater. If you have trouble discerning how much cheese you just shredded, then by all means shred it over a plate on the counter to measure. Just know this is a recipe where you cannot have too much cheese. It’s unpossible.
Makes roughly 1 1/2 cups sauce. Enough to cover 1 pizza crust using all of the flaxseed meal crust dough.
Note: all amounts below are estimates because I just dumped things in as I went.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp Johnny’s garlic bread seasoning
- 1 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese (roughly 4 oz block)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (cheater cheater pumpkin eater)
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add seasoning.
- Add cream and stir. Heat about 2 mins.
- Add both cheeses and stir well to melt/combine.
- Taste and add salt to taste.